Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ups and downs, getting back to basics.

It's been a while since I even considered posting on the blog.  Been busy and not being good when it comes to eating healthy or exercising.  My weight stayed pretty steady around 260 for the longest time. 


Then in 2015 I was diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and had a bout of duodenitis.  Well right after getting my CPAP machine I started gaining weight like crazy.  Ten pounds in the first 2 weeks.   I hadn't really changed my eating habits, the only thing I could think of was my body was storing the food more efficiently or it was running more efficient needing less energy to operate. 


Fast forward to 2016.  I've broken 290 lbs. (currently at 286), I am very unhappy with my current state and absolutely want to avoid breaking 300.  I'm going to rededicate myself to exercise and watching what I eat.  I'm going to lower the amount of carbs I eat and work towards losing 20 lbs. at a time.  The long term goal of getting to 200 or losing 50 lbs. was not motivating me.  If I work in smaller steps, I hope each mini-goal will be easier to accomplish. 


I do not plan on updating the blog page with regular updates on my progress like before, but will from time to time post my thoughts and what works and is not working. 


I've had a Fitbit Charge HR for 9 months now.  While I really don't use the heart rate monitor it's a nice added feature.  Overall I'm very happy with it and even have connected with friends to challenge each other to make our goals and even compete for step king or queen.  

No comments: