Sunday, August 12, 2012

Progress Report #2 - Week 1

Week 1 was a fantastic week.  Energy levels were through the roof and my spirits were high.  Talking with a co-worker about my week inspired them to start drinking more water and watching what they eat.

There are two key things from this week that I would like to highlight.

  1. Water is key.  At least 8 - 8oz. glasses per day.  My energy levels rose one day after drinking 8 glasses.  
  2. Track your food input.  It's really surprising how tracking the foods you eat can help keep you on your goal of losing weight.   You can see where you are eating lots of calories and adjust your diet.
Now for the numbers.

Weight: 278.4 lbs  (down 2.6 lbs from last week)
Waist:  49.5 inches  (down 1.5 inches from last week)

12 days soda free.
7 days drinking 8+ glasses of water/day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very awesome!! About 2 lbs a week is a safe weight loss goal. I read some where that water does boost you metabolism hence the extra energy boost!

Logging is fantastic. You can not even teach someone what they can learn logging. Seeing it and looking at the nutrition really makes you think about your choices!

Way to go and keep up the good work!

Corwin.EoL said...

Thanks.

I look forward to week 2. I do understand that there will be good and bad weeks, but as long as the weight line is trending down over time, I'll be happy.